Hi all,

I spent a couple of hours at Myers Point yesterday afternoon. It was delightful
to watch many fledglings, young and adults interactions. There was family of
Eastern Kingbirds which were being fed by the adults and young were so eager to
be fed, always ready to open their mounts at the approach of the parent. It was
neat to see the bright pink gape of young. Then there were families of Barn
Swallows, Cedar Waxwings and Ospreys. All at different stages of development.
It was almost more than an hour and half since the male Osprey brought any fish
to the female and young. At the end of that hour they became so restless and
each and everyone is was looking hopefully for the father to come. And female
kept persistently calling. When we were watching through the scope one of the
young directly was watching us. It would shake its head to get in a snaky
fashion and peer at us intently.

An OT request- Has anyone been to Pantanal, Brazil area on their own, not with
a bird guide or tour but in adventurous mode? If so and  you don't mind sharing
some information please directly contact me at m...@cornell.edu because I want
to know what locations would you recommend and thanks in advance.

Cheers

Meena

Meena Haribal
Ithaca NY 14850