Yesterday I birded Captree Island (Babylon side).  No rarities to report, but
lots of birds.   It looked very much like a fall scene, with the large
aggregation of waders.  This included about 125 egrets, of which ΒΌ were Snowy
and the rest Great, one of which was swallowing a large eel.  There were 6
Great Blue Herons, of which three were juvies, which is intriguing.  There were
also a minimum of 200 Glossy Ibis.  One I listed as Ibis sp., as it was a juvie
with a prominent white crown blotch, which flew off before I sufficiently
studied it.  Completing the waders was a Black-crowned Night Heron.  Shorebirds
were scarce, and I could only pick out a few Greater Yellowlegs and several
semi pipers.  There was a feeding frenzy of about 75 Forster's Terns in the
main tidal creek adjacent to the road.  The final highlights were about 60
Boat-tailed Grackles.
If you decide to visit this location, keep in mind that I had to cut my scoping
session short due to mosquitos, and continued from the safety of my truck.

[cid:image009.jpg@01D1E0DC.426EA730]

Robert Grover
Vice President/Director of Environmental
and Coastal Sciences

325 West Main Street, Babylon, NY 11702
631.587.5060 | d 631.761.7369
rgro...@gpinet.com | www.gpinet.com<http://www.gpinet.com>

[cid:image010.jpg@01D1E0DC.426EA730]<https://www.facebook.com/GPI1966/?ref=hl>

[cid:image011.jpg@01D1E0DC.426EA730]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/greenman-pedersen-inc-?trk=top_nav_home>

[cid:image012.jpg@01D1E0DC.426EA730]<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ7XgY1qUwHqmA0vDO0xADQ>

An Equal Opportunity Employer

This communication and any attachments are intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named as the addressee. It may contain information which
is privileged and/or confidential under applicable law. If you are not the
intended recipient or such recipient's employee or agent, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, copy or disclosure of this communication is
strictly prohibited and to notify the sender immediately.