Central Park NYC
Sunday August 7, 2016
OBS: Robert DeCandido, PhD, Deborah Allen, m.ob. on bird walk starting from the
Boathouse at 9am

Highlights: Warbler diversity increased to nine species including our
first-of-season Canada & Yellow-rumped

Mourning Dove
Chimney Swift
Herring Gull - flyover
Red-bellied Woodpecker - adult male & hatch-year together at Summer House
Downy Woodpecker - Triplet's Bridge, Summer, House, the Point
Northern Flicker - 3 Shakespeare Garden, 3 Oven
Eastern Kingbird - Turtle Pond, 2 hatch-year birds close together at Bow Bridge
(before walk)
Warbler Vireo - several locations, best looks at Warbler Rock
Red-eyed Vireo - Tupelo Field/Humming Tombstone
Blue Jay
White-breasted Nuthatch - Indian Cave
House Wren - Stone Arch
Carolina Wren - Maintenance Field/Iphigene's Walk
American Robin
Gray Catbird
Northern Mockingbird - Shakespeare Garden
Cedar Waxwing - flock of 14-15 sen here & there & others
House Finch - Weather Station, Summer House Swamp
Louisiana Waterthrush - Triplet's Bridge
Northern Waterthrush - Upper Lobe, Azalea Pond
Blue-winged Warbler - Maintenance Field & Tupelo Field (before walk)
Black-and-white Warbler - Maintenance Field, Warbler Rock, Azalea Pond
American Redstart - 15
Northern Parula - Humming Tombstone
Yellow Warbler - 5
Yellow-rumped Warbler - Shakespeare Garden - FOS
Canada Warbler - Wagner Cove (before walk) our FOS

Sandra Critelli reported a hatch-year Black-crowned Night-Heron at Turtle Pond
after the walk.

Deb Allen