Many local birders were hoping for storm-tossed vagrants from the southern seas
today, by my birding notes have a distinctly northern flair. A pair of Common
Ravens jolted me out of bed with loud croaks this morning. I've heard and seen
them around Lynbrook but this was my first encounter with the species from my
house. A chat with my dad revealed that he also saw Golden-crowned Kinglets in
the yard today. Enjoy the rest of Labor Day, because summer 2016 is not long
for this world.

Cheers!
-Tim H