I usually don't ever post any backyard sightings save for noteworthy
observations, which of course is subjective.

In in the interest of data mining and tracking irruptive behavior, I thought it
might be worth posting my observation of 5 Red-breasted Nuthatches in the
backyard just a few minutes ago.

I was alerted to the presence of the said species and did a bit of pishing to
get a sense of how many since I detected by ear, multiple birds.  This is a
high backyard count for me and falls in line with earlier reports of RBNU
(Red-breasted Nuthatches) showing up in several other locations in our area.

Could this mean that we might see Pine Siskins, Purple Finches and Crossbills
in decent numbers our way this year??

Cheers,

--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of
others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick
Douglass

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire