Given the date and the rainy weather, I checked the gull flocks at Robert
Moses, Captree, and Heckscher SPs this morning and found nine Lesser
Black-backed Gulls: one juv, two first-summer/second-winter (SY), and five
older imms at RMSP, and one SY at Heckscher. As is often the case, the SYs at
RMSP were quite different looking, with one being small and dark-headed and the
other big, heavy-billed, and pale-headed.  Photos of both these birds, plus
several others, can be found here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/96951581@N02/29498838960/

I was surprised to see zero adults, but I'm sure there are many more birds
grounded along the coast today.

Shai Mitra
Bay Shore