Hello all,

This morning (October 23), Isaiah S and I found a Cackling Goose at Manhattan's
Inwood Hill Park. Originally seen on the ballfield just south of Spuyten Duyvil
Creek, and later on the Spuyten Duyvil mudflat (extreme NE corner of the park),
the bird was moving around a bit, and was last seen settling in at the Dyckman
St. ballfields at the extreme SW corner of the park. It was associating with a
flock of 25-50 Canadas. Photos can be seen here:

Comments on ID, public or private, are welcome, as I am aware that "small
geese" such as this can spark some debate.

Good birding!

Ryan Zucker
New York, NY