Red-necked Grebe continues at south end of Fort Pond, Montauk.

Tom Moran
Shoreham

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 4 mini ™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

<feus...@optonline.net> </div><div>Date:11/23/2016  5:22 PM  (GMT-05:00)
[nysbirds-l] Montauk Pt. to East Hampton Birds (Suffolk Co.) </div><div>
restaurant. There were low numbers of scoters and eiders on the north side but
good numbers of Red-throated Loons and Bonaparte’s Gulls. The highlight of the
mornings birding at Montauk Pt. was a first winter Little Gull feeding fairly
close inshore off the restaurant with Bonaparte’s Gulls.

When we birded the south side of the Point we came upon a flock of some seven
thousand scoters with some Common Eider mixed in. We did not observe a single
Razorbill anywhere. At Fort Pond we came upon our FOS Red-necked Grebe. There
was a nice mix of birds at Hither Hills State Park, including five species of
raptors. The only birds of note were two Pine Warblers feeding on the lawn in
the east picnic area.

Ken & Sue Feustel
Welcome and Basics
Rules and Information