Sue and I spent the morning birding Dune Road in misty and overcast conditions.
We combined our Dune Road trip with a late morning stop at Eastport Pond. There
was not much on the ocean beside flyby Common Eider and scoters. The bays were
virtually devoid of ducks. At Shinnecock the jetty’s were frequently underwater
form the churned-up ocean, but we still managed to pick up Harlequin Duck (3)
Iceland Gull (1) and Snowy Owl(1).  A few Great Egrets were lingering at
various locations along Dune Road. Cupsogue was not very birdy, although a high
tide did not help.

At Eastport Pond there was a good collection of waterfowl, including Eurasian
Wigeon, Canvasback, and Redhead. While on Dune Road we got a call from Pat
Lindsay that a Ross’s Goose was at Lake Capri in West Islip. We stopped on the
way home at 12:45PM and quickly saw the bird with some Canada Geese. Thanks Pat!

Good Birding,

Ken & Sue Feustel