From: bounce-121208481-3714...@list.cornell.edu
<bounce-121208481-3714...@list.cornell.edu> on behalf of John Askildsen
<askild...@verizon.net>
Sent: Saturday, February 4, 2017 1:40 PM
To: nysbirds-l@cornell.edu
Subject: re:[nysbirds-l] Massena Great Gray Owl Sighting

Unless the owls are feeling "stressed" for food, they are crepuscular in their
appearances-dusk and dawn. We just returned from Northern Minnesota where, in
this unusually warm winter weather, the Great Grays really did not appear out
in the open until 400-530pm. So, Jeff Bolsinger, it may be advantageous for you
and your crew to check back towards dusk today, if possible. These large owls
seemingly appear out of nowhere when they come out.

Good Luck,

 John Askildsen
Millbrook, New York

NYSbirds-L Welcome and Basics -
northeastbirding.com<http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm>
www.northeastbirding.com
NYSbirds-L - List Welcome and Basics . Welcome to NYSbirds-L! NYSbirds-L is an
email list (the List) focused on the discussion of birds and birding in and
around ...

NYSbirds-L Information and Rules -
northeastbirding.com<http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm>
www.northeastbirding.com
NYSbirds-L - Information and Rules . NYSbirds-L is an email list (the List)
focused on the discussion of birds and birding in and around New York State.

NYSbirds-L Subscribe, Configuration, and Leave
Instructions<http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm>
www.northeastbirding.com
NYSbirds-L - Subscribe, Configuration and Leave . NYSbirds-L is an email list
(the List) focused on the discussion of birds and birding in and around New
York State.

Mailing list archive:
NYSBirds-L<http://www.mail-archive.com/nysbirds-l@cornell.edu/maillist.html>
www.mail-archive.com
Messages by Date 2017/01/17 [nysbirds-l] Painted Bunting richmond co. Arie
Gilbert; 2017/01/16 [nysbirds-l] Queens County Bird Club - Wed. Jan 18 - Dan
Hendrick ...

[http://birding.aba.org/images/abalogo.png]<http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01>

Birding News | @ABA<http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01>
birding.aba.org
Read and search your favorite birding e-mail lists all in one place.

[http://ebird.org/content/ebird/wp-content/uploads/sites/55/20110614_08441919_Black-Tern_North-Dakota.jpg]<http://ebird.org/content/ebird/>

eBird<http://ebird.org/content/ebird/>
ebird.org
Please join us in congratulating Brian Deans of Cordeaux Heights, Australia,
winner of the December 2016 eBird Challenge, sponsored by Carl Zeiss Sports
Optics.