Forwarding from an eBird report:

Great Gray Owl (American) (Strix nebulosa nebulosa) (1)
- Reported Mar 06, 2017 07:25 by Susan DeWolfe Burns
- River Road, Schagticoke, Washington, New York
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.9772743,-
73.6125398&ll=42.9772743,-73.6125398
- Checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S35001538
- Comments: "It was perched in a tree near a small farm on River Road in
Schaghticoke/Easton, near the border of Rensselaer and Washington Counties,
not far from Stillwater NY.  If you know the area, it was near the farm
that has llamas, across from which is a small seasonal store/farmstand.  I
am quite sure this was a gray owl. I'm not an ornithologist, but I have
spent decades watching and studying birds.  I did a double-take while
driving and when I got to work, looked carefully at owl pictures on line to
make sure that's what I saw.  It's not the first time I've seen gray owls
in upstate NY, but it is admittedly a very rare and unusual sighting."

--
Richard Guthrie