A heads up from Gail and Tom on the Seabirds Flight at Robert Moses, enabled me
to dash out to some of our local spots in Queens to see if I could get in on
the Tubenose action.

In my 2 hours of Seawatching between Fort Tilden and RIIS Park, I managed 2
Sooty, 1 Great and 4 Cory's Shearwaters. Several Shearwater sp.(s) were too far
out for any definitive ID. Additionally, I had fleeting glimpses of one Jaeger
type bird which I lost in the wave action and never got on it thereafter. Not
enough of a look to safely pin a label.

9 Lesser Black-backed Gulls;  eight heading east with one 1Cy bird on the
beach. Other than that, the Ocean in my neck of the woods was not as active as
out East.