Update for folks interested. I spoke by phone with Pat Rafferty.  Her feedback
in summary was, NPS is aware of the issue and actively working on resolving the
problem with the fence. I will keep the list serve updated with any news on
that front as I receive them.

As far as the water level. The pond is draining and hopefully without too much
rain, will shape up soon (fingers and toes crossed) for migrating shorebirds.

Cheers,
--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of
others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick
Douglass

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire