All,

This coming *Saturday August 12th at 7 am*, I will be leading a shorebird
walk on the dikes between Knox-Marcellus Marsh and Puddler's marsh
Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge.

We will meet at the Montezuma Visitor's Center at 7 am and
drive over to East Road and walk down the dikes.

Here are some recent checklists from ebird from this area...

As you can see there is a nice variety of birds with some shorebirds. More
birds should be on the way this week given the weather patterns.

Bring binoculars, scope (if you have one) and make sure you wear sturdy
boots, bring sunscreen, insect repellent and water (plenty of water!!)  and
snacks.  In the past, we have had a few people get dehydrated and sometimes
the insects can be pretty bad. The walk should last until 11 am to noon or
so, depending on how much we see.

Any questions, let me know and thanks again to the folks at Montezuma for
allowing
this opportunity each year!!

Dave Nicosia