Within the past week I've setup a project on iNaturalist.org for tracking
all wildlife on Governors Island. Feel free to view and add any
observations. The only rule for adding a species (flora or fauna) is that
the observation must have a photo.

I've also created two new locations with boundaries. One is called
'Governors Island (NY County)' and the other is 'NYC / Westchester & LI'.
Both can be found by using the Filters > More Filters > Place when
searching for observations to view or to help identify species.

The choice I use when adding observations to the 'Governors Island
Wildlife' project for the 'Where were you?' dropdown is 'Governors Island
(NY County), NY, US'. When adding a marker to the map you can change the
accuracy circle below the 'Where were you?' box:

https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/governors-island-wildlife

I've added an icon linking to this project on the NYS eBird Hotspots page
for Governors Island. The iNaturalist icon link is above the countdown
clock and below the table of bar charts for all months and seasons:

http://ebirding-nys.wikispaces.com/Governors+Island

If you have any questions feel free to contact me offline.

Ben Cacace
Manhattan, NYC

--
Ben Cacace