After long discussions, I changed the treatment of the Work RDF to
include manifestations (without having the related expressions) by
using the RDVocab property "workManifested". You can see it in this
example here.

http://openlibrary.org/works/OL262758W.rdf

It makes more sense (in my mind) if you view it in triples, so you may
wish to plug the URI into the W3c validator or some other program that
shows you the triples. (I assume I'll hear shortly if I have gotten
something wrong.)

Note that I didn't use frbr core properties for this because those
require the relationship to go manifestation --> expression --> work.
This RDA property allows you to skip the expression.

At this point, the expressions may actually be useful, albeit minimal.
I have included only the URI, the title and the date in the interests
of keeping the returned document relatively short (there are some
works with many manifestations). If there is demonstrable need for
other elements, I could add those. I assume it's best not to include
all of the data for the manifestations, but there's no particular
reason that I know of to exclude that possibility if it would turn out
to be useful.

kc

--
Karen Coyle