SuperMicro SuperServer SSG-2028R-NR48N

I have been looking at those too.. Maybe someone can help me understand how you can have nvme on a sata bus? I thought the benefit or primary function of nvme was that it was low latency and sits on the pci bus? It looks like these are nvme modules with sata/sas attachments

On 3/8/17 1:25 AM, Stephan Budach wrote:

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----
Von: "Dan McDonald" <dan...@omniti.com>
An: "Geoff Nordli" <geo...@gnaa.net>
CC: "omnios-discuss" <omnios-discuss@lists.omniti.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 8. März 2017 07:44:30
Betreff: Re: [OmniOS-discuss] new supermicro server

You didn't mention anything in the original note about NVMe, and
neither did the spec sheet.

NVMe 1.0 and 1.1 should work on 020 and later OmniOS. Hang out on the
illumos developers list to see the latest on that front.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone (typos, autocorrect, and all)

In regards of NVMe, I am eyeing this particular Supermicro and I intend to get
my hands on two of those in Q2:

SuperMicro SuperServer SSG-2028R-NR48N

I think these will bring a lot of fun to the table. ;)

Cheers,
Stephan