Hi Dan!

> The still-in-testing ISO is here:
>
>       http://kebe.com/~danmcd/webrevs/r151021-kayak.iso
>
> Hashes are:
>
> md5 (r151021-kayak.iso) = f875c1f102d7f242869f9afde2196aa4
> sha1 (r151021-kayak.iso) = a1b3ce074c40a4b8436c4dba02f08e0a29ba82d7
> sha256 (r151021-kayak.iso) =
> a3c65ef2dd3bd6f42fb6d36e9fac155f055e3495fe272dc5bc7c86fa3757fea2
>
> Please share with the whole list how this goes.  I know there are still some
> systems that appear to not even get past loader, but with Prakash's
> explanation of how to disable apix, it may run better on Xen environments.

On a whim, I just downloaded the ISO via the hotel LAN and installed
it (MacBook Pro 13" Late 2016, macOS 10.12.3, Virtual Box 5.1.14).

Nice work!!  My first direct experience with the new loader.  Here are
some random observations:

- I like the "straight install to pool" option.  I have had this in my
  Kayak net installer for a long time but never sent the pull request.

- The keyboard selection did not work; I selected 18 for German but
  still got US.  This may well be due to VBox interfering; I usually
  don't use the console of my VMs but just ssh in.

- The disk selection screen had some lines with more than 80 columns,
  causing line wrap.  So it all looked a bit ragged.  Worked fine,
  though -- installed on a single 20GB VDI disk.

- After installation, I wanted to stop the VM so I could remove the
  boot DVD from the config.  So I told VBox to "send the shutdown
  signal".  This caused a message of "/usr/sbin/shutdown not found".
  Maybe you want to put that binary on the miniroot. :-)

Will do more tests as time permits.  All in all, looking very good.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: v...@bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"