On Thu, 16 Mar 2017, Volker A. Brandt wrote:

Bob Friesenhahn writes:
On Wed, 15 Mar 2017, Volker A. Brandt wrote:

I see that you ship a preconfigured ntp.conf with bloody.  This is nice
because we instantly get a system with the correct time of day.

I don't think this is so nice.  Not all systems or zones are intended
to access the Internet and sometimes additional network configuration
is required.

You certainly have a point.  I didn't want to bash Dan, however. :-)

Of course.

While we are not bashing Dan (fan of Dan!), I would like to point out that 'routed' (svc:/network/routing/route:default) gets enabled by default. Even though I explicitly disabled it (due to security concerns), it became re-enabled in my global zone and other zones, probably after system updates. I have every unneeded service disabled in my Internet-facing zones but routed keeps coming back.

Not all networks require a RIP routing daemon.  It could cause harm.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn