> On Mar 30, 2017, at 3:19 AM, Guenther Alka <a...@hfg-gmuend.de> wrote:
>
> Setting ip properties atthe virtualisation layer
> seems not straight forward to me. Lately I was
> asked about the problem where DNS onUbuntu 16
> was not working despite the setting in the zone.cfg
> (Configurating /etc/resolv in Linux was needed)

Yeah, that may be some distro weirdness.  It may also be something that our
install or boot scripts need help with as well.

> I would prefer a more ESXi like behaviour where settings
> about hardware like (lofi) disks, CPU, RAM, vnics are zone
> settings while network configuration is done by the VM
> itself with the different but regular Linux tools and ways.

Oh I didn't say "linux tools".  I said "ipadm(1M)" which is in /native/sbin and
works like it does in the global zone or an ipkg/lipkg zone.

> A related question
> Exclusive ip access over a dedicated vnic is working.
> I had problems with shared/ bridged access to a physical nic
> that is in use by OmniOS itself or a different zone. Is that possible?

Shared-stack IP is not allowed with LX zones.

> And is there a property to limit RAM or CPU of an LX zone?

Should work like any other zone brand.

Dan