Hi all,

I think it is not very easy for new users coming to Omnios from various
other distros to make the initial network configuration so I have
written a small tool in Python to remedy this obstacle. The script runs
on all Omnios as of r151014. I have tested on r151014 and bloody
(r151021)

The script is not ment to be the swiss army knife for configuring
networks on Omnios so there is no support for vnic, vlan, and
aggregates. It will only support configuring a single nic given the
user the option for dhcp and static setup. The user is also asked
whether to configure dns in which case the user is asked for an IP.

Currently it will only handle ethernet but IPoIB is on my todo list. I
have attached the script here but if the file is to large it can also
be downloaded here: http://git.datanom.net/netconf.git/

PS. If I want to have it included in Omnios what license should I use?

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
It's illegal in Wilbur, Washington, to ride an ugly horse.