So, there you have it ... software is not free, and for something as complex
and slick as OmniOS, there is serious money involved in keeping it at its
current level.

It seems that OmniTI has not managed to get this message
across to the many organizations relying on OmniOS to run their
Servers.

Robert has suggested that he hopes that 'the community' will take up
the maintenance of omnios in the future ... but I wonder ... now that we know
what is going to happen. Do you think your organisation would be prepared
to spend some 'real bucks' on keeping OmniOS maintained professionally?

I think we would be looking at something like ~500k USD per year.

For 1-2 People to continue running the show.

I have setup a chat on Gitter ...

   https://gitter.im/PostOmniOS/Lobby

lets meet there and discuss.

cheers