As always, please start with the release notes:

        https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/ReleaseNotes/r151022

And for this release, there are upgrade notes:

        https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/Upgrade_to_r151022

This is an LTS and Stable update.  Highlights include:

- BSD Loader is now available.  This has its own wiki page, including how to
stick with GRUB if you think you need to.

- Kayak Interactive Installer --> No more Caiman, no more F-keys & curses, and
no-more hacking timezone names.  Also, one less repo to maintain for OmniOS.
Kayak does it all now.

- Python is now 2.7. This means an IPS/pkg(5) update too. There's a subtle, but
noteworthy, update to linked-image semantics ("pkg update -r") AND upgrading
non-linked-image "ipkg" zones is a bit more difficult due to the transition
(chicken & egg problem with ipkg brand "attach").

- Perl is now 5.24.1.

- USB 3.0 support.

With OmniTI withdrawing funding for OmniOS-as-product, this will be the last
OmniTI-pushed "release" of OmniOS. It contains all of the most recent (as of
May) illumos-gate changes, AND illumos-joyent LX brand changes.

This release broke the 6-month cadence, due to Loader, Python2.7, and the need
for Kayak to take over ALL installation duties.  I'm sorry for it being 1-2
months late, but I wanted to make sure these changes were comfortably in place
during the 021 bloody.

Because of the sheer volume of change in this release, I had to update many
OmniOS wiki pages.  Here's a list of all of those I changed nontrivially due to
r151022.  Please check them out to make sure I'm not missing anything...

        https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/ReleaseNotes/r151022

        https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/Installation

        https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/LXZones

        https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/Upgrade_to_r151022

        https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/NewLinkedImages

        https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/linked_images

        https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/KayakInteractive

        https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/BSDLoader

        https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/ReleaseCycle

        https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/Packaging

        https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/ReleaseNotes/

        https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/WikiStart

        https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/BuildInstructions

        https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/Maintainers

        https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/illumos-tools

        https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/buildctl

        https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/ReleaseMedia

I'll have more to say about my departure from OmniTI in a distinct e-mail.

Thanks, and happy upgrading!
Dan