What version of omnios are you using? I'm using R151022.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jens Bauernfeind [mailto:bauernfe...@ipk-gatersleben.de]
Sent: Dienstag, 27. Juni 2017 14:47
To: Oliver Weinmann <oliver.weinm...@telespazio-vega.de>
Cc: omnios-discuss <omnios-discuss@lists.omniti.com>
Subject: RE: [OmniOS-discuss] CIFS access to a folder with traditional
(owner:group:other) Unix permissions

Hm,

maybe I should share my ldap config.
ldapclient -v manual \
-a credentialLevel=proxy \
-a authenticationMethod=simple \
-a proxyDN="cn=XXX" \
-a proxyPassword=SECRET \
-a defaultSearchBase=dc=ipk=de \
-a domainName=DOMAINNAME \
-a defaultServerList=<IPs of DCs> \
-a attributeMap=group:userpassword=userPassword \
-a attributeMap=group:uniqueMember=member \
-a attributeMap=group:gidnumber=gidNumber \
-a attributeMap=passwd:gecos=cn \
-a attributeMap=passwd:gidnumber=gidNumber \
-a attributeMap=passwd:uidnumber=uidNumber \
-a attributeMap=passwd:uid=sAMAccountName \
-a attributeMap=passwd:homedirectory=unixHomeDirectory \
-a attributeMap=passwd:loginshell=loginShell \
-a attributeMap=shadow:shadowflag=shadowFlag \
-a attributeMap=shadow:userpassword=userPassword \
-a objectClassMap=group:posixGroup=group \
-a objectClassMap=passwd:posixAccount=user \
-a objectClassMap=shadow:shadowAccount=user \
-a serviceSearchDescriptor="passwd:<OUs of users I want to lookup>" \
-a serviceSearchDescriptor=group: <OUs of groups I want to lookup> \
-a followReferrals=true

Maybe also a restart of the smb service?

Jens

LDAP
> info from AD / IDMU. This works fine.
>

> However we can’t manage to have access on folders where we have Unix
> permissions from windows (CIFS).
>

> e.g.
>

> the user utest2 is member of the goup “Up BCSIM De_Dt Da Lg”:
>

> root@omnios01:/hgst4u60/ReferenceAC/BCSIM/Software# groups utest2
>
> 10000 Up BCSIM De_Dt Da Lg
>

> The folder Unix has the following permissions set:
>

> root@omnios01:/hgst4u60/ReferenceAC/BCSIM/Software# ls -al
>
> total 47
>
> d---------+  4 root     2147483653       4 Apr 25 05:37 .
>
> d---------+  4 root     2147483659       4 Apr 25 05:35 ..
>
> drwxrws---   9 bcsim    Up BCSIM De_Dt Da Lg      11 Mar  9 10:40 Unix
>
> d---------+  6 root     2147483653       6 Apr 25 05:37 Windows
>

> so User bcsim and all members of group “Up BCSIM De_Dt Da Lg” can access
> the folder just fine via NFS.
>

> If the user utest2 tries to access this folder from windows via CIFS he
gets
> access denied.
>

> If I change the permissions so that other have r-x he can access the
folder
> but then I have no control on who can access the folder.
>

> On our NetApp system this was working fine. I assume it has to do with the
> IDMAP daemon using ephemeral mappings instead of pulling the uidnumber
> and gidnumber from AD?
>

> I don’t want to use extended ACLs on this folder.
>

> Any ideas?
>

> Oliver Weinmann
> Senior Unix VMWare, Storage Engineer
>
> Telespazio VEGA Deutschland GmbH
> Europaplatz 5 - 64293 Darmstadt - Germany
> Ph: + 49 (0)6151 8257 744 | Fax: +49 (0)6151 8257 799
> oliver.weinm...@telespazio-vega.de <mailto:oliver.weinmann@telespazio-
> vega.de>
> http://www.telespazio-vega.de
>
> Registered office/Sitz: Darmstadt, Register court/Registergericht:
Darmstadt,