Hello.

I need to connect a single USB disk to my HP Microserver NL54 running OmniOS.
Going to utilize it as a backup disk for some resources on my home LAN.
The Microserver does have many USB ports that would be fine to utilize, as I
have filled the 3.5" slots in the server
in RAIDZ modes.

The thing is, what options do I have as formating the disk? Is it only the
ancient UFS and
the FAT32 which is not going to do it's job because of file size limit ?

And correct me if I'm wrong, ZFS on a single disk is not a nice job.

btw, I do have 16GB ECC memory on the HP Microserver.

As OpenIndiana distro has the NTFS fuse modules available, but there isn't any
available
for OmniOS. Any reason why?

So my options are what, UFS and FAT32 ?

Thank you kindly all.