> Alain: We are talking about Unanimity. We are NOT
> talking about Consensus. Consensus is not a synonym
> for Unanimity.

Anthony: Alain, let's go to the dictionary. Today's
dictionary is: Merriam-Webster's online WWWebster
dictionary. Today's definition is:

> consensus = 1 a : general agreement

Alain: GENERAL agreement necessarily implies UNANIMOUS
agreement ??

> UNANIMITY <the consensus of their opinion based on
> reports... from the border -- John Hersey>

Alain: Yes, sometimes consensus is ambiguously taken
to mean unanimity, just as one of the definitions of
the term anarchy means disorder while in fact it was
originally a political school of thought.

> b : the judgment arrived at by MOST of those
concerned
> <the consensus was to go ahead>

Alain: I agree indeed that consensus means "MOST of
those concerned". Most is not equivalent to All.

> 2 : group solidarity in sentiment and belief

Alain: Exactly!  I particularly like this definition
of consensus because it conveys the spirit of what I
mean when I use the term consensus.

Anthony: So, yes it is a synonym for unamity.

Alain: Selective perception, eh!