Using only the Colormap Editor (once you install Colormap and a Color, double-click the Colormap module), you can modify the normally linear colormap to any shape you want. You can also type in min and max values right there to constrain what gets colored (it invalidates the data outside your range, just like Include). So you can pretty quickly trim outliers, or leave them in, but by adding new control points, make a colormap that pushes all the colors down and up to wrap around the 'good' data.

Note the 'histogram' function of Colormap Editor can help identify where the 'good' data is.

To see all the above, you have to run the data flow from your imported field into the 1st input of Colormap. Also run this same output to the 1st input of Color. Then run the 1st output of Colormap to 2nd input of Color. Samples show this clearly.