You can run the data through Histogram, then run the histo through Include to keep only the bins that have at least N occurrences, then
Statistics to get the min/max pressures. Then feed your original data
through Include, using this min/max.

Joel

Jonathan Matheson wrote:
I can get a good image that way but I am looking for a way to do this automatically. I am using it for a computational fluid dynamics simulation so the pressure range is always different depending on the shape and other parameters. Also, my cfd program calls dx once it writes the dx files so the user can immediately see the image. Because the pressure range depends on the individual problem you'd have to specify the range each time which is not very practical. My range is so big now that the good data (data outside the shape surface) appears all one colour because it occupies a very small range of the colourmap. If I use 'statistics' to find the max and min it gives me the garbage values from within the shape. I need to somehow use the boundary of the shape dx file to exclude the data inside of it and then search for the max and min outside. I can't find a way to split up the 'data' or get rid of part of it. I can exclude all of it easily enough but that's certainly no help.

Thanks,
Jon

Chris Pelkie wrote:

Using only the Colormap Editor (once you install Colormap and a Color, double-click the Colormap module), you can modify the normally linear colormap to any shape you want. You can also type in min and max values right there to constrain what gets colored (it invalidates the data outside your range, just like Include). So you can pretty quickly trim outliers, or leave them in, but by adding new control points, make a colormap that pushes all the colors down and up to wrap around the 'good' data.

Note the 'histogram' function of Colormap Editor can help identify where the 'good' data is.

To see all the above, you have to run the data flow from your imported field into the 1st input of Colormap. Also run this same output to the 1st input of Color. Then run the 1st output of Colormap to 2nd input of Color. Samples show this clearly.