Hello everybody!

I am having a problem generating a .general file for a .spc-data file. After
hours of trying, I still have no clue how to do the right settings neither
in Data prompter nor manually generate a correct .general file.

The record data in the .spc-file (ascii) consists of angle, energy and
intensity, each one being a float. The vector [angle, energy] is the
position and intensity is the scalar data. The problem arises from the
(IMHO) strange data arrangement in the data file. Records are arranged like
this:

- ------ begin of file ------

angle_value_1

energy_value_1 intensity_value_1
energy_value_2 intensity_value_2
energy_value_3 intensity_value_3

angle_value_2

energy_value_1 intensity_value_4
energy_value_2 intensity_value_5
energy_value_3 intensity_value_6

- -------- end of file --------

What is meant by this is, in normal notation:

angle_value_1 energy_value_1 intensity_value_1
angle_value_1 energy_value_2 intensity_value_2
angle_value_1 energy_value_3 intensity_value_3
angle_value_2 energy_value_1 intensity_value_4
angle_value_2 energy_value_2 intensity_value_5
angle_value_2 energy_value_3 intensity_value_6

It's like leaving the x-value constant and scanning down a y-row, followed
by the same at the next x-value.

The main problem is that the file does not have a regular column structure
but the angle mentioned between the records.

What I need is a fitting .general file for this data arrangement, any help
is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Sven

- --
Homepage: http://www.heiligenthal.de/sven/
ICQ: 37211447 | AIM: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | Skype: timtrueblue
Home: +49 931 4677131 | Mobile: +49 179 5459713 | Fax: +49 931 4677145
PGP Public Key ID: 0x40EC0B0B | PGP encrypted messages preferred.