Joel,

Thanks!  This worked great.

Jon

On Aug 26, 2005, at 12:34 PM, Joel Richardson wrote:

If by "number the positions", you mean you want the number "1" to
appear in the scene at the first position, "2" at the second, and
so on, here's one way...

To get n, Extract("positions") and feed to Inquire("items").
Feed this to Enumerate to generate the integer list 1 .. n.
Replace the data in the original field with this list.
Send this to AutoGlyph; set the glyph type to text, and the
ratio to 1.0. Color to taste.

Cheers,
Joel

Jon Pitt wrote:

Hi,
I'm trying to visualize a grid generated by an FEA package.  I can  get the connections drawn and change their color, but I would like to  number the positions.  Does anyone know how to do this?  I would also  like to further extend this to the faces and cells themselves, but  starting with the positions would be great!  Thank you,
Jon Pitt
University Park, PA 16802

Joel Richardson, Ph.D.   Phone: (207) 288-6435
The Jackson Laboratory   Fax:   (207) 288-6132
600 Main Street          URL:   www.informatics.jax.org
Bar Harbor, Maine 04609

Jon Pitt
408 EES Building