Hello,

Here is what I have:

2 native dx format files, one containing only grid information, and one containing data information.  The grid information file has only positions and connections, i.e. fields without data components.  The data file has a single field with positions, connections (in the form of cells, not faces) and position dependent data.  The catch is - the positions from the two files are not the same.  In fact, as a simplest case, let's say the grid information file produces a single square when the connections are shown.  The data file will then produce a smaller square inside of this square.

I would like to be able to have the data from the interior square extend beyond its cell to the limits of the outer square.  Is this possible, and does anyone know how to do it?  I feel that this is conceivable, given opendx's ability to interpolate between the data points.  I want to define a boundary for opendx to extrapolate the data to.

Thanks,

Jon Pitt
408 EES Building
University Park, PA 16802