Howdy folks,

I am very new to OpenDX, as you will soon find out, and I am having some
issues with plotting vector magnitude.  I have a data set with u and v
wind components which are grouped into a 2-vector variable.  When I
compute the magnitude of the vector (using compute mag(a)) and display
an isosurface of the surfaces are propogating in the opposite direction
of the wind flow which to me was a little unexpected.  In the fortran
script I used to generate the data I calculated the magnitude:

mag=sqrt((u*u)+(v*v))

and stored that in a seperate data set.  When I plot the same isosurface
there, they move in the same direction as the wind.  I also created a
dataset with u and v components as individual scalar variables.  When I
plot either of them the isosurfaces are moving in the same direction as
the wind vectors.  Am I misinterpreting the way OpenDX calculates vector
magnitude or am I doing something else foolish?  If any more info
(.general file or the data files) is needed please let me know.  Thanks
in advance.

Regards,
Matt