Hi,

Similar to a question from 2001, I have just installed OpenDX 4.4.4 in a PC
environment, one machine using cygwin, the other Exceed.

I can get the basic samples to run but am having trouble importing my own
data.

When I try and import the data I get the message "Bad parameter: cannot open
file "testi" in current directory or DXDATA path.

The previous response was to set DXDATA at systemlevel or in batch file.

Where is the batch file (or does this mean I should generate a .bat file and
first have an entry for DXDATA)?

If I have a file containing:

SET DXDATA="C:\opendx"

"C:\Program Files\OpenDX\bin_intelnt\dx.exe"

And execute it from my desktop it seems to run quite happily but if I click
on "Import Data" it just brings up another instance of Data Explorer.

Obviously I am missing something basic, help please?

Regards,

Mike.