On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 08:08:20AM +0200, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> Without quoting tons of text and without going into each individual
> argument given there are a few remarks I want to give.
>
> Things should be consistent and intuitive.
> local.conf is for local configuration. as such it suggests that
> whatever is in there is leading.
> Having to append _local to an override to me is counter-intuitive.
> (and *if* that is really desired or needed to have a _local suffix, it
> should be documented clearly in the manual. Also an example should be
> give in the local.conf.sample file. Afaik neither is the case as of
> today). Even for a

Somethimes I had to use normal assignment in distro config just to override
some previous weak assignment from .inc file included and parsed before in
the same distro config.

So I would much more appreciate commit updating manual/local.conf.sample
than just replacing all distro config with weak-assignments and
expecting that nothing changed.

Regards,

--
Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: martin.ja...@gmail.com