>> It would be great that openocd can work with
>> PIC32 using JTAG. I think Real ICE, ICD 2 and
>> ICD 3 do not use JTAG for debugging PIC32.
>>

> I am aware of that, that is why I think that it would be easier for
> debugging when we get PIC32 supported.

Pic32 has 2 debug interfaces.  4 Wire JTAG.  And a pin count compressed
version of Jtag which is serialised over 2 wires (ICSP).  The protocol
is the same as JTAG, the electrical interface is the only thing that
differs. 2 wire mode should be able to be driven using a FT2232 type
device, in a similar fashion to I2C (Tie TDI and TDO together).