On Sunday 31 October 2010 13:16:43 Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 10:59 AM, David Brownell <davi...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> > I think caring about the "variant" should strongly
> > be avoided.  Use the ROM table by default.  Only in
> > the case of a broken ROM table should we (a) emit
> > a message, then (b) work around the brokenness.
> > Such working-around might care about variant, if wecan't
> >
> >come up with a simple heuristic fix.

Would you mind not dropping me from the CC ? Thanks

> It would be great if we could detect the one broken chip
> out there and simply add a workaround(with warning).

Implemented in V2, which should have just landed in the mailing list ... Peter,
David, sorry for not CCing you, next time, you'll be there (well, I hope there
will be no next time and that the patches are good :) ).

> I'd suppose such bugs would be much less common with
> more recent Cortex A8 chips.

I hope so as well

> Adding options is the last resort as it makes OpenOCD harder
> to use and gives it a more unfinished feeling. This is open source.
> If there is a chance that we might need to add support for a new
> CPU in the future, then we don't add some option in the hope that
> it can work around the next bug, we just add the workaround when
> and if that time comes.

So can you please check the V2s ? Thanks !