There are a couple of topics mixed into this thread:

1. clang sometimes gives "false positives". Here the code is usually so
complex that I can understand that clang and programmers have
trouble following the code. The best way would be to refactor the
code to be simpler, in one case I split a long and complicated
fn instead of using an assert.

I'm not saying that clang can't give silly false positives, but when it
does give false positives, it's oftentimes in too-long functions.

So far I have yet to see clang give silly warnings on highly readable code.

2. the gerrit review process and build system is new, so I've been
using simple warning fixes to take it for a spin.

3. w.r.t. the review process, I was thinking if we should have a rule
like: a patch can be submitted if a week has gone without feedback
and it looks good, or a second reviewer approves it.

--
Øyvind Harboe - Can Zylin Consulting help on your project?
US toll free 1-866-980-3434