On Mon, Feb 08, 2010, Olivier Fournier wrote:

> I am trying to download packages and source packages from different remote
> HTTP
> repositories, but it doesn't work as expected...
>
> open...@lab$ openpkg -v
> OpenPKG-CURRENT (4.0.2)
>
> open...@lab$ openpkg rpm -Uvh http://download.openpkg.org/packages/current/
> source/BASE/adns-1.4-20080101.src.rpm
> => error: open of http://<UID>:<UID>.<UID>@download.openpkg.org/packages/
> current/source/BASE/adns-1.4-20080101.src.rpm failed: No such file or
> directory
>
> but...
>
> open...@lab$ openpkg curl http://download.openpkg.org/packages/current/source/
> BASE/adns-1.4-20080101.src.rpm
> => works like a charm
>
> Am I missing something / doing something wrong? With previous OpenPKG releases
> this feature was working as expected...
>
> Thanks a lot in advance for your answer,

Hmmm... this seems to be related to still existing old Registry related
rewriting code in the "rpm" executable wrapper. I guess you can get
rid of it by just performing the "openpkg register" command and let is
create its information. But I'll remove this rewriting code in the next
version of the OpenPKG Framework. As a quick workaround, just remove
line 37 in <prefix>/libexec/openpkg/rpm with a text editor.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       r...@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org