On Apr 5, 2010, at 1:30 PM, Jeffrey Lau wrote:

> What else can I do?  Is there a place to file a bug against this package on
> OpenPKG?

I can certainly sort out the generic RPM problem for you.

What hampers me is that RPM is highly configurable, and
so I'm out of my element w OpenPKG.

But if you manage to get -vv output, the type and location where resolved
of every dependency is printed (just grep for /openpkg/lib64)

You will see a "NO" because this is an unresolved dependency.

You may see Requires: or Dirs: dependnding on what sort of dependency
this is.

I gave you the work-around for stubbing out a Dirnames dependency.
There's also an rpm(8) disabler --noparentdirs that will turn
off the checking.

Same procedure, just .../etc/rpm/sysinfo/Requirename for stubbing
out a requires dependency.

if Requires: (not Dirs:) is seen then this is just a packaging flaw.
Find what

What I _DONT_ know is what path the ../etc/rpm/sysinfo directory has moved to.
But rpm --showrc should display that information.

hth

73 de Jeff

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org