Openpkg people,

I should have waited a little while before sending this off.

To fix permissions on the managers file was a simple 'chmod 664' to add
group write.
Doing a truss of the process I see that it is trying to run 'id -un' -
which on Solaris does not work. Added the following 'wrapper' script in
path the work around:
#!/bin/bash

if [ "$1" == "-un" ]; then
    /usr/bin/id | sed -e "s/.*(//" -e "s/).*//"
    exit 0
fi

/usr/bin/id "$@"

Went back and read through build process and now see the same error that
Olivier Fournier reported in January (Lua script error within rpm
macros) reported at:
  http://www.mail-archive.com/openpkg-users@openpkg.org/msg03980.html

Was a resolution/workaround to this found?

Wild guess - could it be due to issue with 'id'? Or possibly some sub
command (e.g. id, sed, etc) is failing in the bootstrap, due to
Solaris's 'limited' support of these commands?

I will continue to investigate, but wanted to report my findings so far.

Jason