I have an application that calls "SSL_CTX_load_verify_locations" on a single
file that contains multiple CA certificates.  It then calls
"SSL_load_client_CA_file" on this file to extract the CA subject names.
Finally, it calls "SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list" to set the list of CA subject
names that are sent to the client.  This all works fine.

However, I would like to add additional code, further on in the process that
calls "SSL_CTX_load_verify_locations" again for other certificates to add those
certificates to the CA certificates in the SSL context (not overwrite the
current certificates).  In addition, I would like to call
"SSL_CTX_add_client_CA" for each one of these new certificates to add them to
the list of CA subject names returned to the client.

After adding this additional code, I am seeing the following error:

SSL error:140890B2:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_CERTIFICATE:no certificate
returned

Is what I am trying to do supported?  If so, is there something I'm doing
wrong?  If not, is there another way to accomplish this (adding CA certificates
from multiple files into a single SSL context)?

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Regan
Principal Software Engineer