On 05/05/2016 07:52 PM, debbie10t wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 05/05/16 21:41, Steve Marquess wrote:
>> We've had a PayPal account for years, as the most convenient way for
>> individuals to send small donations. However, as the person who has
>> managed that account I can attest that PayPal has always been rather
>> annoying to deal with, and I've finally hit my limit. ...
>
> I do hope an excellent solution can be found.
>
> Apologies in advance for this probably going off topic.
>
> Steve, could you possibly provide any details of how Paypal
> caused you to "finally hit your limit" ?
> (your blog would be great)
>
> I am sure I am not the only curious person reading this ;)

Well, I don't want to turn this into a PayPal bashing session ... I do
recognize that they have a huge number of customers, that fraud is a
constant problem, and that they need to economize on the human element
in their customer support operations. But briefly put, the last straw in
this case was yet another "your account has been limited" drill where
access to our funds is blocked and we're now required to send in copies
of my passport and social security card, and battle with their tedious
voice response system. This time that initial call took only 28 minutes,
quicker than usual, but I'm tired of never knowing when they will
arbitrarily slam some sort of arbitrary restriction on the account that
takes hours of my time to resolve. I'll still need at least one more
call to close the account ... sigh.

-Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess