On 1 July 2016 at 15:39, Matt Caswell <m...@openssl.org> wrote:

> On 01/07/16 14:29, pepone.onrez wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> After upgrade my software to use OpenSSL-1.1 one of the test is
>> failing, the test in question client and server are configured to use
>> DSA certificates. The server is configured to request a client
>> certificate.
>>
>>    SSL error occurred for new outgoing connection:
>>    remote address = 127.0.0.1:47812
>>    error # = 336151568
>>    message = error:14094410:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:reason(1040)
>>    location = ssl/record/rec_layer_s3.c, 1467
>>    data = SSL alert number 40
>
> Is this the error you get on the server or the client? The above
> indicates the connection was aborted because a HandshakeFailure alert
> was received from the peer. Therefore you need to look at the other end
> of the communication and see if there is some error message that
> indicates why the alert was sent.
>
> Matt
That was on the client, looking at the server I see it reports there
is no shared
cipher

   SSL error occurred for new incoming connection:
   remote address = 127.0.0.1:36951
   error # = 337092801
   message = error:1417A0C1:SSL
routines:tls_post_process_client_hello:no shared cipher

I have try to enable all ciphers with ALL:@SECLEVEL=0, but still get
the same error,
it is not clear why server client don't find a common cipher here.

Regards,
José