On 26/07/2016 16:09, Piotr Panasewicz wrote:
Hi,

There’s seems to be no good explanation on the website on how to build OpenSSL
with CA certificates so I thought I’ll give a try here.
I’ve copied all the CA certs I have to the certs folder and built,
unfortunately I still get certificate validation errors with the library I uses
(it links to OpenSSL dynamically).
I have all the CA certs in pem format, should I include some kind of flag or do
something else?

Thanks in advance,
Peter

You also need to create the relevant symlinks with the c_rehash
script or equivalent.  This is documented in the c_rehash manpage
included in OpenSSL (in doc/apps/c_rehash.pod before compiling).

If a single /etc/cert directory is shared by OpenSSL 0.9.x and
OpenSSL 1.0.x, you will need symlinks for both the old and new
digest formulas.  Like this:

c_rehash /etc/certs
# Only do this second step if OpenSSL 0.9.x is sharing the directory with 1.0.x
# (Situation with OpenSSL 1.1.x is unknown):
c_rehash -n -old /etc/certs

Enjoy

Jakob