I am having a problem where FIPS_incore_fingerprint is failing to generate the
same signature as our build script.

If I set a breakpoint in FIPS_incore_fingerprint it appears that p1-p4 are all
being set correctly.  If I dump memory for each section (p1-p2 and p3-p4) and
concatenate the binary data and run openssl sha1 -hmac etaonrishdlcupfm
concatenateddata.bin I get the same result as we are storing into
FIPS_signature.  However, after the HMAC_Final call in FIPS_incore_fingerprint
the resulting signature is not the same.

I set breakpoints and skipped the second HMAC_Update (so as to just hash the
text section) and I do not get the same result as expected for just that
section.

If I skip the first HMAC_Update to just hash the data section, then that does
return the expected result for that section every time.

I have dumped the text section (p1-p2) before and after the first HMAC_Update
and there is no difference in the memory contents, and I get the same contents
for every run, yet the resulting hash for that chunk is different every time.

Any idea what might be going on here?

  Thanks,
  Erik Tkal