On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 2:10 AM, Thomas J. Hruska
<shineli...@shininglightpro.com> wrote:
> Then push a request upstream to change the default build settings. Don't
> blame me.  The binaries that are built are built strictly with default
> settings with the only exception being the various funky runtime linker
> options (/MD, /MT, etc).  If you don't like the defaults, then get the
> upstream changed.

Hey Thomas!

Actually the people to blame is Microsoft. They changed the behavior
of Visual Studio. VS2008 was fine, but now  in VS2012 and above SSE is
enabled by default.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7t5yh4fd(v=vs.110).aspx

I will work with the Configure scripts and see if I can find a
solution to detect the version of VS and add the flag for VS2012 and
above and then try to get it accepted.

-Scott Ware