Thanks for looking at this.  I was insisting that nobody (in practice)
puts CRLs inside of a PKCS12.  Nobody does that...  I could find no
evidence that this is ever done, nor was there any support for this
deviant behavior.  ;-)

I was handed a specification to implement that had CRLs inside of
PKCS12.  From the beginning, I doubted the writers of that
specification knew what they were doing.  And I expect that they don't
have any test data, either.

Over the last few days, I had being doing exactly what you suggested,
a messy manual parsing process.  I have achieved success in building a
PKCS12 with CRLs and success in parsing that PKCS12.

Again, thanks for looking at this and validating what I have been
thinking and feeling about putting CRLs into PKCS12s.
-Rick