On 11/12/2016 17:34, ddx wrote:
I complied an OpenSSL static library for my windows application , which utilize another ssl static library : BoringSSL too. As expected , the linker complains about LNK2005 errors .

Is it possible to rename the export functions in the libssl.lib and libcrypto.lib , as well as the OpenSSL public headers ? I would like to add a prefix to them so that both libraries ( Openssl and Boringssl ) can be static linked into my windows binary.

You really should ask Google, since their BoringSSL is a modified
copy of OpenSSL, they should be providing a way to prefix all
identifiers with some Google prefix.

But why do you need both these derivatives of SSLeay?, are you sure
one of them won't provide all the needed functions?

Anyway, your best bet if your really need this is to do a global
search/replace in your copy of the source code before building
the library.  This can be scripted with perl, which is needed
during the regular build process anyway (unlike e.g. Python).

Enjoy

Jakob