In message <f8764422-40d1-caa7-7b84-73b2fad49...@akamai.com> on Wed, 4 Jan 2017
12:21:31 -0600, Benjamin Kaduk <bka...@akamai.com> said:

bkaduk> Interestingly, having recently configured 1.1.0c on a windows system,
bkaduk> something printed out a warning to the effect of "you seem to not have
bkaduk> nmake.exe on your path; you probably want to install it or dmake to
bkaduk> continue" (even though nmake was usable from that cmd.exe prompt!).
bkaduk> Searching, though, it seems that this is an artifact of some upstream
bkaduk> perl module rather than Configure itself, so it's unclear how reliably
bkaduk> we can prevent it from appearing or modify it to match our
bkaduk> requirements more closely.

Yes, that happens as part of 'use Config;', unfortunately.  I did look
around to try to see how to prevent this from happening, but couldn't
figure it out.

--
Richard Levitte         levi...@openssl.org