Rubbish.  Cite a methodologically sound study that shows it improves
readability, or that "most projects" define it as "proper style". (Good luck
with the latter, since I'm willing to wager the vast majority of C source isn't
associated with any explicit style document.)

It's cargo-cult programming, most often by people who can't be bothered to
learn the language they're using.

Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus